Join us for an exciting Table Topics and Tall Tales Contest for Division T.
Date: Thursday Oct 12, 2017
Time: 6:15 PM Briefing for Contestants and Officials / 6:45 PM Contest starts
Place: Fairleigh Dickinson University, 842 Cambie Street, Vancouver
Light snacks are provided. Bring your friends ad family!
DEMYSTIFYING TALL TALES with Stefano Cossalter 2015 District Tall Tales Champion
- What is a Tall Tale? Learn what makes a tall tale a tall tale
- How to create a winning Tall Tale
- How to add humour to your Tall Tale or any speech
- Learn tools you can apply to any speech
- Watch and deconstruct 2 different styles of Tall Tales
PLANNING GREAT CONTESTS with Rodney Denno
- How to inspire members to compete
- How to find judges
- How to create a great contest experience for everyone involved
TACKLING TABLE TOPICS with Sharina Duprey
- How to compete in a Table Topics contest
- Tips for delivery your best Table Topic
- How the Table Topics are judged
Plus, there will be refreshments, a light lunch, and opportunity to network and get to know your fellow Toastmasters from other clubs!
Sustainability in Jeopardy?
Come and join us in a night of deep thoughts and debate about our food choices.
Three guest speakers who will share with us different points of view about their benefits and threats:
- Jessie Chan, Research Development
- Rodney Denno, Rationalist
- David Smythe, Export Liaison
On the second half we wold have a debate which you are welcome to join one of teams!