District 96 has a very special incentive to help you increase your club’s membership by holding an open house for your club in February and/or March.
Each club hosting an open house is eligible for $50 cash reimbursement if they sign up 2 new members by March 31, 2018. This is to help with the cost of food (up to $25), printing, and promotional materials.
Talk up Toastmasters – if you successfully sign up 5 members by March 31, 2018, you will also get additional $50 gift certificate to the Toastmasters International store.
To maximize the benefits of Toastmasters, it’s recommended that new members join for a minimum of six month.
1. Hold an open house before March 31, 2018. Limit: one incentive per club.
2. Get a pre-approval by contacting me (email@example.com) before you hold your open house. Include the following information – club name, day of the open house, expected expenses.
3. Take pictures and share your success on District 96 Facebook group.
4. Submit original receipts with a screenshot of the post in the Facebook group. Include the names of the new members.
Resources for your open house:
- Promote your open house
- Email prospective members, past members
- Update your club website
- Take advantage of free advertising in local papers, local radio, coffee shops, libraries, etc.
- Create a tri-fold brochure and drop them off at local businesses
- Drop off Toastmasters magazines and add a label with your club’s name, website, meeting day, time, and contact
- Advertise on District 96 Facebook page.
- Have sufficient number of Toastmasters agendas printed.
- Have one of your members (or a guest) do a speech from a CC manual about how they personally benefitted from Toastmasters.
- Ask potential future members to come again and invite them to join the club.
- Have registration forms ready, know your fee structure.
- Create a guest kit folder consisting of:
- Greeting letter
- Tri-fold brochure to promote your club
- Meeting outline with brief role descriptions
- Membership application
- Toastmasters magazine, include a label with your club’s contact information
- Welcome guest form (name, phone number, email, how they found out about your club, what skills they’re trying to enhance, etc.)
- Have a new member kit available
- Same as above
- Also include a copy of the ice breaker
February is officially recognized as Toastmasters Month by the Province of British Columbia: http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/proclamations/proclamations/TstMstrMnth2018